Orlandia’s Got Talent at Anime Festival Orlando!
Do you have a unique talent you’ve been dying to share with the world? OR, do you have a popular talent that you can do really, really well? OR, can you juggle six Autobots on stage while dressed up as Sparkplug Whitwhicky (TV version, not the movie!) and whistle the the theme song to The Transformers the whole time?
You get the picture.
As part of Anime Festival Orlando’s Skies of Orlandia theme at this year’s convention, Wasabi Anime will be presenting Orlandia’s Got Talent. Based on the popular television show with a similar name, OGT will give attendees and cosplayers at this year’s AFO the chance to compete for fun and prizes. Here’s the details:
- PRE-JUDGING: Friday from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM in The Workshop Room.
- THE SHOW: Friday at 8:00 PM in Main Events.
- PRIZES: The winner walks away with $150 in cash and a hardcover copy of Cosplay in America.
Pre-judging takes place the afternoon of the competition/show. You MUST be at the pre-judging to qualify to perform that night in the main show. Depending on the number of entrants, not everyone who auditions will be allowed to perform.
Orlandia’s Got Talent will take place later that evening. You will be notified before leaving the pre-judging if you are to perform, and you will also be told what time to arrive to set up for the show. If you are LATE your performance will be cut. No exceptions.
- The show is designed to be viewed by a general audience – so please make sure that your performance does not exceed a “PG-13″ rating.
- All entries must be registered Anime Festival Orlando (2010) attendees. Badges/wristbands must be worn to registration and the contest.
- Presentations and skits are limited to 3 minutes, for both individual and group entries. We will enforce skit times by stopping the performance… so be aware of the time!
- You may not participate in more than one skit.
- No nudity allowed. All costumes must be “PG-13″ and we reserve the right to insist on modifications to costumes.
- Audio tracks must be provided on a clearly labeled CD which contains an MP3 for your performance. The track must not exceed three minutes (see rule #2) and can contain dialogue or music. All music should be edited and appropriate to be played on public radio airwaves.
- No harmful or potential harmful materials will be allowed. This includes, but is not limited to: water, cigarettes, flames, fireworks, silly string, fog machines and any other substance that can be fired, launched or dripped.
- If you plan to carry a weapon, you must consult and conform to the Anime Festival Orlando convention rules, hotel policies and local laws.
- If participants are seen using a weapon inappropriately (play fighting, waving it around, etc.) they will be automatically disqualified and might potentially be removed from the convention.
- An adult must accompany all contestants under the age of 16. The adult doesn’t have to be on stage during the presentation or backstage ahead of time – just in the audience.
- Anime Festival Orlando and/or Wasabi Anime may tape or photograph contest entries at its discretion. Entry into this contest constitutes an agreement by the entrants to allow Anime Festival Orlando and/or Green Mustard Entertainment, Inc. to use their likeness/image, etc. in any current/future advertisement, promotion, or product.
- Bad behavior, trash talking and poor sportsmanship will be frowned upon. Unruly behavior will get you kicked out of the event, if not the convention. So mind your manners and don’t be rude.
- All contestants must fill out a registration form and be present for pre-judging between 4:00 PM and 6:00 PM on Friday, August 6th, 2010. Entry forms will be available at the Wasabi Anime table located outside the Dealers Room.
- Anime Festival Orlando and Wasabi Anime reserve the right to modify the rules at any time.
- Use common sense.